Corsair Community

2GB Flash Voyager Problems

tyscru

I purchased a 1GB Flash Voyager and every time I pluged it into my machine it either hung up the machine or didn't read properly. I took it back and bought a 2GB drive. I found the same results. I tried installing the software and then when the machine recognized the drive I ran the software and my machine locked up. I finally used my son's computer and ran the software and formated the drive then tried it in my machine with the same results. Today I tried it in my other son's machine and it works fine. I'm at a loss. Every other flash drive I have used worked fine. I am currently using a 512 MB Lexar with no problems as long as I use it before the corsair. I was using a 1GB before until I lost it. Is their any solutions to this problem? Machine is Abit K7T Raid with Athlon 1GH.

• Corsair Employees

That might suggest a power problem with that system.

Do you have other USB devices plugged in? If so try it with just our drive installed. In addition, I would check on the MB and see if there is an option to change the USB power source to the +5 Volt rail instead of the stand by +5.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with a 2gb Corsair.

It will connect and work fine, except for uploading pictures. ALso, when it is removed, using 'remove hardware safely', my computer will not connect to the internet - fails to find dial tone, or thinks modem is not connected. The laptop needs to be restarted, but hangs up whilst closing down. The only way to stop it is to turn it off and remove the battery. I only have the mouse and the modem connected inother USB ports.

Any ideaswhat could be causing this ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived