Corsair Community

ABIT AN8-32X SLI & TwinX2048-3500LLPro Issues

DaGunnySgt

Ram Guy,

I recently purchased Corsairs "TwinX2048-3500LLPro" (2 sticks of 1024) Memory for my Abit AN8-32X Sli Mobo, I set the the Memory to read DDR433 vs DDR400 and I boosted the VRam to 2.8 because this board doesn't have 2.75 and when I set the Command rate to "1T" the computer wouldn't boot so I had to reset it. Now it reflects 2T, before I purchased these memory modules I did a lot of research and everyone I read they were able to obtain "1T"!

Now I understand the AMD 64 CPU's function much better with a command rate of 1T thats why I got them. Currently I have my system OC'ed to 2.5 (from a 2.4) and the memory timings are at 2-3-2-6 but at "2T" but the memory is still reflected at PC3200 vs PC3500, can you please assist me with this problem because its driving me crazy. And please tell me that I didn't waste $285.00 for nothing.

Any assistance in this matter, will be greatly appreciated. Oh, before I forget It only works in single mode. In slots 1 and 3, no matter which configuration I placed them in I only get "Single Mode" no "Dual Mode" what-so-ever.

Ray-DaGunnySgt

The first thing to do would be to test each DIMM individually with Memtest:

http://www.memtest.org

Test each stick for 5-10 passes each mimimum.

If the memory tests OK with Memtest then your problem is not the RAM. DO you have the latest bios from ABIT loaded for your board? And, you may want to have a look around at the ABIT Forums to see if any other users are having similiar problems.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/

Also, Command rate (1T vs 2T) is not a function of the memory. That will be determined by your MOBO+bios and the CPU combined with your bios setup.

Mike.

I knew I had overlooked something and as you pointed out it was located in the ABIT forums. As it turned out for PC3500 memory they must be placed in

"Memory board slots 1&2 or 3&4, not slots 1&3 like the PC3200 memory moduals" At anyrate, thanks for the imput which triggered my memory. Now everything is correct "DDR433, CAS 2, and Command Rate of 1T" Thanks again.

DaGunnySgt

I knew I had overlooked something and as you pointed out it was located in the ABIT forums. As it turned out for PC3500 memory they must be placed in

"Memory board slots 1&2 or 3&4, not slots 1&3 like the PC3200 memory moduals" At anyrate, thanks for the imput which triggered my memory. Now everything is correct "DDR433, CAS 2, and Command Rate of 1T" Thanks again.

Actually, 1&3 is the wrong pair of slots on that particular motherboard to put your two modules into. 1&3 with your motherboard will force single-channel (64-bit) memory controller operation. No wonder why you've maxed out at PC3200 speed with a 2T command rate setting with just two sticks of memory. 1&2 or 3&4 are the correct pairs of slots for proper dual-channel (128-bit) memory controller operation; however, due to the motherboard's own quirks, putting single-sided modules in slots 3&4 while leaving slots 1&2 empty will force a maximum memory speed operation of PC2700 (strangely, double-sided modules can run at PC3200 speed in slots 3&4 with slots 1&2 empty).

Archived