Corsair Community

Corsair 133x 2GB SD Card and Canon SD700

ngeunit1

I am currently purchasing the Canon SD700 IS and would like to compliment it with a 2GB SD card from Corsair but have read countless reviews that people have had trouble using it with this camera. Is there a known compatibility issue or has the camera and memory card passed compatiblity tests. In addition, if they are known to be compatable, are these any steps that I can take to ensure that they work correctly together.

• Corsair Employees
I have moved your Thread to the proper place and I will ask JackFlash to check the model for you, but as far as I know as long as your camera will see Fat32 you should not have any problems.

• 2 weeks later...
I have moved your Thread to the proper place and I will ask JackFlash to check the model for you, but as far as I know as long as your camera will see Fat32 you should not have any problems.

In my experience, most compact digital cameras use FAT (as in FAT16) and not FAT32. Thus, if that 133X was originally formatted with FAT32, it should be re-formatted in the camera itself before you use the card. FAT(16) supports up to 2GB sizes per logical drive.

On the other hand, I would not advise using the 133X card in the SD700 IS, judging by the specs on that camera. According to those specs, it is a 6-megapixel camera whose continuous-shooting mode is rated at ~2.1 fps, which would result in the camera's actual writing speed of less than 6 MB/s even at maximum resolution (L = 2816x2112) and minimum compression (Superfine). As such, the extra performance of the 133X card (write speed = ~15 MB/s) would definitely be wasted on that camera (or put it this way, you'd be paying more money for zero increase in performance, as far as the camera/memory combination is concerned). The 60X card (whose rated write speed is ~6 MB/s) would be a better match for that camera.

Archived