Corsair Community

video instability

aethyr

I've been cross posting across video and MB forums to try to indentify the culprit. So far its not the video card because the RMA replacement doesn't work either.

Yet I'm having problems with video. I've run memtest and every other testing/burn-in utility out there and everything checks out...except when running real world video...

Any intensive 3D application/game will quickly lock up the app/game.

I also get video issues on windows after opening a large number of applications. So as a test, I would open like 30 IE windows. I don't get artifacts - at least not random pixels displaying. Instead, the windows themselves get sort of corrupted - the title bar colors will be totally off, or won't refresh. Or GUI buttons, widets won't render correctly - sometimes won't render at all, or colors will be off, or partial rendering - so I'll have blank spot where a button or scroll arrow should be, but I can tell there should be a button because I can do a mouse click on it and the button sometimes refreshes and displays.

In firefox, google maps won't display. I can browse any other site, but if I try to display a map from google, I get mostly blank screen - with the exception of the address text and arrow, but the map itself is blank.

My desktop video problems only happen after a decent amount of time after boot...with the exception of google maps, which happens even right after boot...

I dunno, am I in the wrong forum? People have pointed me to memory, since I have Corsair and an asus board - so I'm just bouncing back and forth...

This is a total guess if it relates to your issue but, I had a similiar issue that was a bad connection from the monitor cable to the monitor. Is is possible you have a bad monitor cable or a loose connection on either end? Are you using a DVI adapter? Etc.

Mike.

I wish it were that simple...but yes, I checked the monitor connection. The 2D has weird rendering issues, but 3D will crash the app/game or mess up the OS (usually caused by the app not releasing directX resources or handles).

Archived