Corsair Community

problems with DDR 2 Ram set

Hi,

I recently purchased a pack of 2 x 512mb 667 XMS corsair ram.

When I have both plugged in I get a RAM fault error. I took one stick out and it all worked fine, I then replaced the working stick with the one I had taken out and it stopped working again... Just to be sure I tried both sticks in all my memory slots and the one always worked and the other always failed. I also tried both sticks together in the other set of DDR2 slots. Still didn't work.

I am going to run a memory test in windows against my working stick just to make sure all is all right with it.

What do you think? Do I have faulty RAM or am I being stupid? If it is faulty would I need to send back both sticks since they came in a pack or could I just return the faulty one and carry on using the working one?

Thanks,

Brian Sperryn

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about the issues you are having, I think it would be best to go ahead and replace the modules for you. Please go to http://corsair.com/corsair/rma_request.html and fill out the form with all the required information. In the "Ticket#/PostID#" field please enter "254717" for your authorization. If after 1 day or 24 hours, excluding weekends and holidays, you do not get the RMA please send an email to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived