Corsair Community

help

Well first off i have 4 sticks of 512 3200c2 twinxram. One set is v4.2 and the other is 4.3. Ive recently bought another motherboard(a8n32 sli deluxe) and was trying to install a set to get it running. The first set was the v4.2, the system would make it to the splash screen and reboot. So i tried the v4.3 set and it booted. Things seemed a little off though. I ran memtest on the 4.2 and to my surprise it made over 10 passes flawlessly. Then i tried the 4.3(the ones that actually booted) and they failed. Basically im confused and have no clue what to do. I think that somehow both pairs are faulty. Id like to rma both if possible. Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks for your time

Well first off i have 4 sticks of 512 3200c2 twinxram. One set is v4.2 and the other is 4.3. Ive recently bought another motherboard(a8n32 sli deluxe) and was trying to install a set to get it running. The first set was the v4.2, the system would make it to the splash screen and reboot. So i tried the v4.3 set and it booted. Things seemed a little off though. I ran memtest on the 4.2 and to my surprise it made over 10 passes flawlessly. Then i tried the 4.3(the ones that actually booted) and they failed. Basically im confused and have no clue what to do. I think that somehow both pairs are faulty. Id like to rma both if possible. Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks for your time

how are both pairs faulty if one passed flawlessly?

well seems to me somethings up if the system wont boot? I know its not the mobo i just got it a week ago unless its just horrible bad luck. Anyways what else would be causing this?

edit: i oced the computer by about 5% and put the voltage up to 2.75 and it boots. I dont understand why but it works for now. I still need to get the v4.3 rma'ed.

edit once again. This is crazy, after about 10 mins the pair crashed and started doing the same thing. I tried to try them one at a time. One of the modules boots up, the other doesnt even allow startup.?

• Corsair Employees

Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Then with the CPU you have if all of the modules pass one up, you will need to run the memory at DDR333 and I would set the timings to Cas 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.75 Volts!

i tested the modules one at a time with the timings done manually. The v4.3 modules passed but they fail when tested together. The v4.2 pair, one of them passes the memtest but the other wont even boot. When the v4.2 is tested together they pass the memtest but rarely boot windows. Could it be my mobo that is causing this craziness? I appreciate your help.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but you cannot mix memory with this platform and if you install more than 2 double sided modules with the CPU you have DDR333 would be suggested. Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Archived