Corsair Community

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) D. Chan

eelozano

Hello,

The Model # of the RAM I will be referencing is TWIN2X2048-6400C4. This RAM is rated at the 4-4-4-12 timings for 2.1V. My motherboard (Asus M2N-E) has a maximum voltage of 1.95. I have RMA'd so many sticks of memory that I really...really...REALLY do not want to return this pair when they arrive (sometime today). How exactly would I go about making this pair work with my current mobo or is not possible?

I am an experienced user, but have not really gotten into the area of messing with memory other then putting it in (in the past).

Thanks,

Enrique

P.S. Please note that the mobo WILL NOT go above 1.95V. I have read too many posts in this forum where someone will say the max voltage and they get the 'set the voltage to 2.1' message.

• Corsair Employees
If the max is 1.95v, I would suggest setting the timings to 5-5-5-12. I have read a thread that stated after upgrading the bios it allowed the users to up the voltage to 2.1v.

It is running the memtest at the 5-5-5-12 settings. I am heading to the uni to pick up a copy of Windows XP 64-Bit (10 dollars at the uni).

I'll confirm if the BIOS update ups the allowed voltage so that others can have the info.

• 9 months later...

Archived