Corsair Community

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe & Corsair DDR2 XMS2 PC6400 Twin2X - 2 GByte Matched Memory Pair

cradleofphil

Hello,

I need to know if Corsair DDR2 800 - XMS2 PC6400 Twin2X - 2 GByte Matched Memory Pair (TWIN2X2048-6400C4) is compatible with my Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 motherboard. The system will boot up, but nothing is displayed on my monitor. I also have hooked up headphones to the line out jack to listen for beeps and or voice post and nothing.

My system is ready to go cept I can't do anything because my monitor won't display anything ><

Please help ASAP as I am eager to get on with installing WinXP Pro.

Thanks much!

cradleofphil

Have you tried resetting the CMOS jumper and booting with only 1 DIMM installed? Also, you may want to disconnect everything from the MOBO except the CPU, 1 DIMM, and the video card just to eliminate variables.

If you can get it to boot, I'd suggest checking with ASUS to make sure you have the latest bios loaded.

Mike.

I tried everything you mentioned in your reply and still nothing will display on my monitor. The only things hooked up to the Mobo are CPU, 1 DIM, graphics card, and the four sata2 drives. I am not going to get anywhere if I can't get my monitor to display anything... Sigh..

Guess I'll have to wait the ram guy to answer my post.

All I Want To Know Is If You Guys Have Tested With The Ram I Have Stated In This Post With The Board I Have Stated In This Post And No One Has Answered My Question. I Have Called Your Support Line Number Three Times And It Keeps Making Me Leave A Message. I Have Left Two Messages And No One Is Calling Back. I Need This Simple Question Answered So I Know What Is Going On And If I Need To Send This Ram Back To Where I Bought It From. Please Answer Asap!

What is up with this? No reply to my post and no phone call from leaving two messages with the support line.........

Amazing customer service?

They are just coming off a holiday so they may be a bit backed up.

Your memory has been tested to run with your MOBO: http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search_results.html

The point you are at now, you most likely have a dead component or, the bios is not recognizing your video card. Do you have access to an older PCI-E video car you can try to post with? Or, is there a local computer shop or a buddy that can help you test your gear.

Mike .

Archived