Corsair Community

Twin2x2048-6400c4: Optimal Advanced Settings?

Adamfwm

I am new to overclocking DDR2 systems. I have been trying to get my system to run with the CPU at 3.0 GHz and the memory at 1000 MHz. With the HTT set at 268 and multiplier at 11x, I am close. I have gone to 1.55 volts on the core ("Coolit-Freezone" keeps idle temps at mid-high 30s and load under 50) and 2.2 volts on the ram with 4-4-4-18 2T timings. I was able to post and run memtest3.2 for several hours without errors. I was also able to boot up into XP and everything seemed fine. I had not run prime95, yet, but SuperPi worked very well. When an application hung, I had to reset and although I had not changed a thing, the system would not post. I have seen this behavior several times at different settings. Also, I have been able to use ntune to set the HTT to 273 to get my goal, and the system works, but I cannot boot with those settings in the BIOS. My question is, can the advanced memory or voltage settings on the motherboard be changed to get the system stable and to perhaps take some load off of the memory controller so that less voltage is required on the CPU? I have searched a little to find optimal advanced settings, but have not come across anything, yet. Any help, would be greatly appreciated. (System specs are in signature.)

Hi, Ram Guy. I know that the memory is only rated to 800 MHz, but the extended profile clocks it to 5-5-5-15 at 1032 MHz, so I figured 1000 MHz was a good number. (However, the extended profile does not work as well with 4Gb and seems to need some tweaking.) I also read a review somewhere that indicated that the memory ran fine at 4-4-4-12 (2Gb) up to 1000 MHz. If I have to change the timings to 5-5-5-X, that is fine, but I've tried that alone and it didn't help me. This memory seems fairly impressive and since I've seen memtest3.2 run on it for hours at 980 MHz without problems, I don't think 1000Mhz is too far of a stretch. I will play some more, but I was hoping that you might have some insight into the advanced timing settings either for the ram or for the motherboard. Things like memory drive strength or nb-cpu voltages, etc. I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Archived