Corsair Community

memory problem

AlphaCrewchief

Hey guys, I have the same setup as the original poster. My A8N32-SLI motherboard recognizes this RAM at 3-3-3-8-2T. If I try and adjust to the advertised 2-3-3-6, it will not POST. Any suggestions? I also don't see anywheres in the BIOS to view/modify the RAM voltage so I can't check to see if it's at 2.75v or not.

Thanks

Sure, my sig isn't up to date anymore.

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2.0Ghz

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe BIOS 1205

FSB is at 800Mhz

RAM Voltage is 2.75

Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PT Matched Pair

BIOS settings are pretty much all at auto. The CPU isn't overclocked, nor is the RAM. The only thing I can change to allow a post is the TCL to 2.5. I also have memory command rate at 1T. These 2 settings have increased a tremendous amount of performance for me.

The settings as of right now are: 2.5-3-3-8-1T. The "3-3-8" are generated from the "AUTO" setting in the BIOS.

Thanks for the help!

My PSU is an Antec 550w TruePower 2.0

Video is an eVGA 7900GT PCI-X Signature Series

I have tried them both one at a time, and in different channels. Right now they're in A1 and B1 for dual channel configuration. The RAM doesn't appear to be failing at all, just can't seem to tighten the timings.

• Corsair Employees
I would try them in slots A2 and B2 and test them one at a time to make sure one is not failing. In addition, many have reported that they are not able to run at 1t Command rate with the X2 CPU's

Archived