Corsair Community

Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe w/ CMX512-3200C2

kp19

AMD 3500 + CPU

I have 4 of the CMX512-3200C2 chips and only 1.5gb will show of available memory.Also when i first built the system I started with only 2 and would get tons of memory errors that cleared up as I moved memory around and tested them. System ran fine and then i just got 2 more. The memory errors have returned as well. The MB shows 2 GB but only 1.5 usable. Currently running mem test on all 4 and it is failing. Will start running individually soon but this appears to be what happened the first time.. Any suggestions?

Also tried setting mem to 2.5-3-3-6 but windows would give a bunch of errors on boot and crash so had to set back to auto settings.

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time in slot 3 with the following settings:

DDR Voltage 2.75v

TCL: 2

TRCD: 3

TRP: 3

TRAS: 6

All other settings at motherboard defaults or "Auto"

Everything tested fine and after a day of gaming at these settings with all 4 chips everything ran with no errors so that is at least a step in the right direction if it stays that way.. The only issue now is still if I look in the Bios info it shows 2 GB ram installed but only 1.5 usuable. MB problem maybe? Any ideas?

I know the MB says over 4 GB will show less usuable but says nothing about 2GB.

Bios is the latest.. 1205 I think is the number...

Yes all 4 test and show up correctly. Even the Motherboard shows the 2 GB on the information screen in Bios but only sets 1.5 usuable. I had the same issue with a corsair twinX memory I had only 1 of (Busted a bad one since I had it for a long time before I realized corsair is lifetime warrenty OOPS) and it did the same thing. Showed 1.5 total memory but only 1 GB usable.

Archived