Corsair Community

RMA requested

hafa

• Corsair Employees
We have no problem replacing your memory modules for you, but if possible we would like to try and fix the problem for you first. Can you tell me what type of motherboard/system you are running, the CPU Front Side Bus speed (if you know it) and a brief explanation of the problem you are getting and where you are seeing this issue occur? Thank you for your patience in this matter, looking forward to your reply.

We have no problem replacing your memory modules for you, but if possible we would like to try and fix the problem for you first. Can you tell me what type of motherboard/system you are running, the CPU Front Side Bus speed (if you know it) and a brief explanation of the problem you are getting and where you are seeing this issue occur? Thank you for your patience in this matter, looking forward to your reply.

Memory was tested with the following new boards:

Gigabyte K8NF-9

Epox 9NPA+

A64 does not have an FSB speed due to on chip memory controller (HyperTransport Bus); memory was clocked at auto/stock frequency of 200mhz (DDR2 (x2)= 400) on both boards. Boards function properly with other corsair PC3200 DIMMS.

Windows install fails with BSOD when module is inserted; memtest86 (OS independent bootable test) fails on all tests for this module.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

(this text is placed here due to the faulty implementation of javascript on this forum...)

7/8/2006

Memory was tested with the following new boards:

Gigabyte K8NF-9

Epox 9NPA+

RESPONSE:

7/10/2006

...I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

7/8/2006

...memtest86 (OS independent bootable test) fails on all tests for this module.

RESPONSE:

7/10/2006

...test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org

7/8/2006

...memory was clocked at auto/stock frequency of 200mhz (DDR2 (x2)= 400) on both boards

RESPONSE:

7/10/2006

...Please load setup/optimized defaults...or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s...

:roll:

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived