Corsair Community

Blue Screen Blues

taywell33

I just put together a new PC with a MOBO Asus M2N-SLi Deluxe and Corsair twin2x2048-6400 RAM. For some reason I'm getting random blue screens in XP pro and am starting to think it could be the (finicky) RAM from what I've been reading on the web. What are the manual settings I should have for this RAM in the bios?? I'm hearing that 2.10v instead of 1.9v runs more stable on this MOBO?? Help the blue screens are driving me mad !!

I tried running 2.10v and no difference. The computer ran great but I received the blue screen again. I realize that these blue screens can have multiple causes, but since it's a brand new build and I'm reading on the web Asus is having memory compatibility issues with this board, I'm betting its the memory.

I think I figured this out from what I've been reading and it has fixed my problem (no more blue screens). This RAM has to be set to 5-5-5-12-2t in the bios on the M2N-SLI deluxe. If you set it to the manufactures settings 5-5-5-12-1t it will not boot. If you leave it at auto it registers as 5-5-5-18-2t and is unstable. I have also read some forums that the bios on this board doesn't support 1t. Hopefully that will be changed with future updates to the bios. Also I have found out that you should leave the voltage alone on the RAM and leave it at 1.9v. Anything over that at the above settings and you won't be able to boot.

Archived