Corsair Community

Dead Ram I Believe

Seus

I ran memtest86 on this module by itself after I was getting data errors on my hard drive. Needless to say memtest found over 1 million+ errors in this module.

Part Info:

CMX1024-3200; XMS3200x6.1; 0604090-1; 3.3.3.8

RMA?

What CPU / FSB / Motherboard do you have? What timings / voltage were you testing the memory at?

Have you tested with Memtest86+ and not Memtest86? Have you also disabled Legacy USB support (if applicable) when testing?

Click here to find out how you can add your system specs to your profile and posts!

What CPU / FSB / Motherboard do you have? What timings / voltage were you testing the memory at?

Have you tested with Memtest86+ and not Memtest86? Have you also disabled Legacy USB support (if applicable) when testing?

Click here to find out how you can add your system specs to your profile and posts!

Mobo: Asus P4R800-V Deluxe

CPU: P4 2.8Ghz w/HT

FSB: 800mhz

Memory Timing: Set to Auto which pre selected:

CAS - 3

TRCD - 4

TRP - 4

TRDS - 8

Voltage: Set to Auto

Ran the test again with Memtest86+ this time and it yielded the same results with over 50,000+ Errors.

Yeah. Make sure you fill it out for QUANTITY: 1, model or part # (whatever it says): TwinX2048-3200 and send both back. That way you're sure to get a matching pair back. If you only send one stick in, they can't guarantee the replacement would match your other stick.

HOWEVER, there's two things you should try first, since they may very well solve your problems.

1. Set the memory voltage to 2.7x volts (warrantied up to, but not over, 2.90 volts)

2. Disable USB legacy support, as that can create false positives in memtest.

test again after making those changes w/ one stick at a time in the same slot, see if it helps.

Archived