Corsair Community

Problems with Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT SLI-D mobo

BossE

Hello!

I did recently bought a pair of Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT memories, and i can't get them to run properly om my DFI SLI-D mobo :S

Before I bought these, I used a pair of ("Good memories"), and i could run them up to 250-260 fsb without any problems, but now with the Corsair memories i can't even run in 210 mhz fsb :S What have I done wrong, or is it the memory?

(Sorry For my "perfect" english...)

//BossE

I am running on my old memories right now, but I read a thread where you (ram guy) helped a member with his TWINX2048 4400PRO memories ( http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49348 ), so I Tried about the same settings in my Bios but with lower FSB and i followed the other instructions as well but still no result. And I could not find any thread describing how to adjust bios for the new memories on this mobo.

I hope that helped you!

//BossE

• Corsair Employees
Your 480w Tagan won't allow you overclock very high. Currently what is the max frequency you can reach stable with 2T Command Rate? Please make sure you have the CPU Multiplier at 10x and LDT Multiplier 3x.

Ok, thank you! I will try that and perhaps buy a new tagan 580w, that vill work! But the stange thing is that I could overklock my cpu by 25% without any problems :S

Thank you for the answers!

//BossE

Sorry, i don't overclock the CPU by 25% only the FSB.. :/

But I still wish to have better performance than the old ones (7 gb/s read, 2,2 gb/s write, 42.4 ns). I have read that the corsair could perform 8,8 gb/s read and 4 gb/s write with the right timings and setup.

Thank's for the help so long.

//BossE

Hmm, stange. All of a sudden it works! :D I am running the memory in 260 mhz fsb, and it seems to be working pretty good! I could go up to 270, but beyond that, the system started to fail at DRAM 2.6V.

Can I improve the Multiplyer? over 10x?

//BossE

• Corsair Employees
Are you asking about at 250MHZ/260MHZ or 270MHZ? Will make a big difference at 11x. At 270MHZ will bring it close to 3GHZ. I would survey your temps and run memtest86 before jumping in to OS to see if the system is stable. Idoubt it will run stable with 11x 270MHZ though.

You are right, I could startup the OS with the old memories, but it was far from stable... I could run some small tests but when I tried to run larger tests like 3dmark, the computer just did restart.

But thank you again! It is working pretty well now in 250 mhz fsb, not perfect, but ok! I will run Memtest and see how it goes.

//BossE

Your 480w Tagan won't allow you overclock very high.

Why do you say this ? Just coz 520W are more common these days ?

Spec of my Tagan 480 U01: +3.3v/28A, +5v/48A, +12v/28A

it makes a 2200 sandy run 2805 with a 7900gt, 2 hdds, 2 dvds, floppy and 3 case fans...no issues until...well...check forum and you'll know.

EDIT //

Bosse, kör memtest med stickorna separat, jag noterade att ena stickan bara klarade av 247MHz, medan andra tuggade på till 267MHz..."the chain isn't stronger than..."

Archived