Corsair Community

VS1GB533D2 and P5ND2-SLI Really compatible?

scarroll

I am slowly putting together a system. I have the parts but not the time. I have a new Asus P5ND2-SLI mobo and I bought 2 sticks of VS1GB533D2 which is supposed to be compatible according to Corsair. In the Asus manual for the mobo where it talks about memory it says that memory sticks with 16 chips and chips on both sides are not compatible. I think it also says something about memory modules with 128 mb chips are not compatible. Anyway, the VS1GB533D2 sticks are double sided with a total of 16 chips. Is this memory really going to work for me? I don't know when I will get around to installing a hard drive but if this memory is going to give me trouble I would like to send it back as soon as possible.

While I'm at it, if this combo is going to work are there any other suggestions on how to set it up? I'm not really into overclocking but I do like to have things configured the best way possible.

Can anyone tell me something that will make me feel a little more confident? Is the VS667D2 also double sided with 16 chips? It seems like a strange requirement for memory but I don't know much about it. The VS1GB533D2 definately has 16 chips with 8 on each side. It might be another month before I actually get around to finishing the computer so I can find out for myself.

Thanks

Archived