Corsair Community

Twinx 2048c2

Kinyo

One of my sticks of memory just arrived doa. got the memory from ebay and need to send it back. what's the correct procedure on this? it just make the computer to no post. tested with my old memory, a value ram ddr400 and it works fine. tested the memory with my old ram, and one of the sticks works fine. the other cause the computer to no post.:confused:

What's the correct procedure to get the 2 sticks of 1gb replaced?

I contacted the reseller and he re-routed me back to Corsair because his warranty was only for 3 days. after that, Corsair should take the entire warranty on the product. :mad:

I understand corsair procedure on this, and i will like to have anything from corsair support saying that he needs to cover this warranty.

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/warranty.html

WHAT PARTS ARE NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY?

The following parts are not covered by this warranty:

• Modules that are missing the label containing Corsair’s part number
  • Modules that are purchased from other end users
  • Modules that Corsair determines were not manufactured by Corsair, i.e., counterfeit Corsair modules

Did he have an eBay store (if so please post a link), or was it just an auction?

Ebay item 6892517070

Seller: computerpartsbrokers

They sold another of the same package, of the one that i received. i haven't left a feedback until i get this problem resolved.

It's very odd that he posted "Extended warranty available!! L@@K!!" at the top. That means one of two things:

1) he was attempting to sell that on top of the Corsair warranty (assuming it applies), which is lifetime, which infers that he was trying to make some easy money

2) he was selling that on top of his 3 day warranty, which infers that he knew it wouldn't have a warranty from Corsair (assuming it didn't apply), and seeing as I don't see that posted on the auction, means he wasn't stating all of the info he should have been.

i'll contact the seller, and i'll let him know that corsair will not cover the warranty on this, unless he can provide me with anything that proves that he is authorized to sell corsair products. :sunglasse

Anyways, thank you for the explanation on this and the good support.

Archived