Corsair Community

Problems with RAM after 6 months

I have a problem with a set of VS1GBKIT400 purchased about 6 months ago.

The RAM worked fine since purchase, and then suddenly my computer started to crash randomly.

I put the RAM into another (perfectly functioning) PC (replacing the RAM that was already in there), and got the same problem with the computer - i.e. very unstable and randomly crashing.

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that the RAM modules have developed a fault (as everything is being run at default settings).

As originally mentioned, everything is being run at default settings, i.e. FSB and multiplier on Auto, and RAM settings by SPD. I am running no performance-enhancing settings.

As I said in my original post, when I transplant the memory into another PC (also running Auto/by SPD settings) I get exactly the same random crashing problem.

Please advise how I can return the memory for replacement under warranty.

I have submitted TWO online RMA forms and got no reply.

I read the "If you have submitted an RMA form but got no reply" post, and followed the instructions there, namely emailing my request to Warranty@corsairmemory.com, and then when I received no reply from that address, sent it again to rma@corsairmemory.com which apparently is the "try this if all else fails" option.

Firstly, it's not apparent why there needs to be such a complicated process to get an RMA number, and secondly it's very frustrating when the system turns out to be completely inadequate.

Can you please help? Thank you.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry that you are having problems can you call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" and I am sure they will get it taken care of? Also please send an email to me with your contact information and I will check and see if the email you sent was blocked for some reason and make sure it gets taken care of; ramguy@corsairmemory.com And please put Att: Ram Guy in the subject line.

Archived