Corsair Community

Passes memtest, fails CS:S

like ther title says, i can pass 8 hours of the bit fade test on memtest but when i try to play any game i get memory errors, i can play all them at perfectly stock settings of course, but i would like an overclock! what gives?

Frequency 237.5

divider 5\6

Command rate 2T

Timings 3-4-4-8

help would be appreciated, SOON!!!

my cpu is stable and currently at 2.9 ghz with a 290 htt. the divider throws the ram around 237.5 (DDR475), the cpu passes prime95 for 18 hours. as soon as i lower the divider to put it around ddr215 (or something like that) it plays games perfectly, with the cpu at the same speed

Utilities such as Prime95 and Memtest are of limited use. They'll find obvious sources of instability, but that's a far cry from knowing whether a system is stable overall. Apps which stress many or most of the core components in a computer (e.g. high-end 3D games) are the best and ultimate stability test.

It would also help to know what memory modules you have, what their rated speed is, what voltage you're running them at etc. Cheaper modules won't run much over their rated specs, regardless of voltage or latency settings.

Archived