Corsair Community

Failure after 2 years ?

Itsme

Hi,

something like 3 years ago I bought a Asus A7N8x board for Amd 3200 athlon xp. A year later I realised I needed the best memory and bought twinx CMX512-3200XLPRO (XMS3208v1.1 0433101-1 400 Mhz 2225) in september 2004 (via http://www.rueducommerce.fr ... are they authorised resellers?)

My system was running perfectly until last week (no overclocking). Random reboots and failures to post... I replaced the battery of the bios.... changed hdd, did full reinstall of WinXp.... and thought.. shame on you Asus.:evil:

I replaced my asus board by a new Asrock K7NF2-Raid and moved my precious Corsair 3200 XLPRO to it... all went well for while (one day) until random reboots,... no post... and I wondered... another bad MBoard? :confused:

:idea: Then I ran Memtest86 on both memory sticks one at the time... one started immediately giving errors.... and thought... this can't be right. :confused: ..Those are Corsair sticks!! :mad: (The second one was OK).

Also having a shuttle G45 with Amd 3200 Athlon Xp and Corsair valueselect memory, I replaced the memory by the XLPRO ... here also bad bad errors for the same memory stick. :cool:

Now one of the XLPRO sticks is keeping my workstation running but it is feeling desperately lonely.... :p:

I definitely want to stick with Corsair.. but what are my options here?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards

Itsme

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I received rma instructions via email July 14th and sent the memory modules to you July 17th. Now almost 10 days later I am still waiting for a reply.

I would appreciate if you could let me know if you received the memory modules.

They were sent with express shipment via Dutch postal services in Amsterdam (Netherland).

Best regards

Itsme

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but that is not a valid RMA#. Can you check the email you got from our customer service for the correct RMA number, or please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and they will help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi RamGuy

Apparently it look a little longer than I expected to have the memory modules delivered to you by express post service.

Friday I received a packag via UPS with 2 brand new modules... 1000x thank you for the replacement modules.

In the mean time I also bought xms 2x1GB twinX for my second workstation.

Ciao and thanks again.

Itsme

Archived