Corsair Community

Abit An8 32X problems

enigma96

I have an abit an8 32x and 2 gb corsair xms pc 4000 ram. In my old an8 ultra mb I was able to run 1:1 using a vdimm of 2.75 and 3-3-3-8 settings. In the an8 32x I can't get it to run 1:1, I have to use a divider of 333 and I can't figure out why. I have set the vdimm to 2.70 2.80 and 2.90 nothing works, prime95 will fail within a second. That was using auto and spd settings. I tested the memory with memtest and it was fine. I set the HTT to 4x and also 3x nothing is working. Their is a setting in the bios for vdimm ref voltage which is at -20 mv or something like that. Their is also 2 more HTT settings for the SB to NB and NB to SB which I tried at 4x and 3x also. This is ram is supposed to run at 250 fsb yet I can't get it to do anything over 200 if I overclock the cpu to a fsb of 220. Is their something I am missing here? Why work it work fine on the an8 ultra and not on the an8 32x? Running stock its fine, but as soon as I overclock it crashes. I have tried losing the timmings too that did nothing. Any ideas what is going on? The only thing I haven't tried is changing the memory from slots 3&4 to slots 1&2..

Just to be clear do you have 2 1024mb TwinX kits ( 4 x 512mb total) or do you have a 2048mb kit (2 x 1024mb total)? Also, do you have the latest bios installed? Check around at the ABIT forums too. Since you believe the RAM to be good it could be a MOBO specific issue that the ABIT guru's have found.

Mike.

• Corsair Employees
The timings should be set manually to Cas 3-4-4-8 and I would try and lower your CPU miltiplier and make sure the PCI-E Freq. is locked at 100 Mhz then work you way up slowly and see where it tops out, but if your CPU is locked I doubt you will get much over 220 Mhz. And you will need to have PSU with at least 20-30% more power available than you need when not over clocked.

Archived