Corsair Community

DDR2 ECC RAM for ASUS M2N32-SLI?

camadmin

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm a mathematician, not an engineer. I'm trying to find extremely fast DDR2 ECC RAM for an ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard. Does Corsair make such a product? If so, what are the part numbers?

If it helps to have details: I'm trying to build a system that will run computational number theory programs. The Athlon 64 FX 62 is currently the fastest processor for these types of computations (and the jobs are largely single-threaded so there is no advantage to using more expensive multi-processor Opteron based systems). The FX 62 requires DDR2 RAM, and since the programs I'll be running take weeks to months to complete, I need to be using ECC RAM (otherwise the risk of loosing a month of compute-time to a soft error is just too high). I've found an 800MHz DDR2 ECC product from {a competitor whose name starts with K} that seems to fit the criteria, but several gaming enthusiast I've spoke with recommended looking for Corsair RAM. However, I'm having trouble finding DDR2 ECC RAM on the Corsair website.

Thanks for any assistance!

Thanks for double checking for me. I couldn't find any either, but I wasn't sure if that was because it didn't exist or I was ineptly searching. It's too bad, though, because an ECC version of their 1066MHz DDR2 RAM would be perfect!

Archived