Corsair Community

Bad stick. Fails Memtest in 2 machines

Buggsy

I have a pair of ValueSelect 512MB DDR moduals. Model: VS512MB400

A while ago, I began to get random blue screens. They were few enough that I didn't think too much of it and never spent any time on troubleshooting it. Then, suddenly, the computer went down with a blue screen and would not boot back into windows. I just got a blue screen every time. So I tested the memory.

One stick fails memtest in two machines after only a couple of minutes.

I guess the biggest question I have is do I need to send both back, or can I get some sort of cross-shipping? Or a better question is will both be replaced since they both came in a dual channel pack?

Otherwise, unless anyone has any suggestions for further testing, I just need to generate an RMA.

I have the same problem.

running in an asus a8v deluxe motherboard with amd 3200+ 64bit processor.

bios settings are stock for both the processor, bus and ram.

one module shows errors and the other doesn't, so i'm wondering the same thing...should i send both back? and if so, i'll be out of a computer...or do i just send the one, and risk that the one that is returned doesn't match for DC.

please give me advice as to how to proceed with an RMA.

thank you,

Steve

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Here lies the problem. Do I send both back or just one?

If I send 1 then i can still have the use of my computer (since only one is corrupt).

If I send both, my computer will not be useable until i get them back from you.

Also, if I send one, will it be compatible for DC...since they are a "matched pair".

sorry for the confusion

steve

Archived