Corsair Community

Want to know what will be compatible

RazoR_73

I'm checking out new products for a new computer and was wondering what memory is compatible with the new ABIT Fatal1ty AN9 32x motherboard? I tryed to use memory help program but the board is to new to make the list. I dont know much about the Latency thing and what I'm matching that up to to know that I have the right one. I also am planing on running SLI in the system if that makes a difference in the choice of memory. I do like the look of the XMS XPERT SERIES MODULES and the leds for knowing the temp they are running at.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I've been badgering Tech departments at retail stores, ram Manu & Abit UK & TW for a up to date ram compatibility list for the Abit Fatality AN9 SLi motherboard over the last with joy because I’ve returned two boards with a error code 9.0. that Abit are currently snagging. They think it’s a ram or bios issue. As you say RazoR_73 it's to new for feedback so it's going to have to be a one-on-one / spec-to-spec test with you kit carried out by a kind supplier / Manu who is willing to take the time out to do it.

Here is the kit I tried [first three items purchased & returned due to two failures]:

1. Abit Fatality AN9 32x SLi mobo [NEW].

2. AMD Athlon 64 4600 Dual Core 2.4GHz 512kb L2 cache AM2 940 pin [NEW].

3. ******** DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz GOLD edition EL dual channel 1GB Ram [NEW].

4. NZXT Lexa Chassis

5. Akasa AK-P650FF BK 650 watt PSU

6. BFG GeForce 7950 GTX2 GPU [NEW].

I posted a tread on abit@hexus.net forum & its the consensus its the ram so as not waste my time and effort [i’m disabled] before a dip my toe in the waters of early adopters I'm waiting to a compatibility test of DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz EL dual channel 1GB Ram on this mobo. Seems the high-end mobo are fussier than the old-school mobo on ram.

Hi RAM GUY

Are you saying you do a ram test on mobo's? If so sign me up, I’ve got this kit doing nothing.

Cheerz Optical10

• Corsair Employees

Well first thing you have the wrong memory for your system, and I cannot support another makers memory sorry!

But in a nut shell the CPU will not run the memory at 800 MHz 667Mhz is supported. You have to be running a FX CPU to run at 800 Mhz.

• 2 months later...

On my AN9 32x Fatality I use the XMS6400c4 on SPD setting and all is fine even the DDR Volts are only set to 1.90 and still fine but this weekend gonna beef it up a little and see what happens...:sunglasse

wish there was a way to engage the EPP setting in the ABIT BIOS I sent an email but no reply's as of yet...:(:

• 2 weeks later...

Voltage at 1.95 is fine I had to change the trc I think it was set to 23 and the SDP reading from ZPU said the ram was 4-4-4-12 2t at22c trc

Gave the board a torcher test and no lockups or freezer blue screens all good now...

But should the ram realy be at 2.1 as stated or could it be that the board is reading wrong to start and the voltage is fine:confused:

Hi

I've been badgering Tech departments at retail stores, ram Manu & Abit UK & TW for a up to date ram compatibility list for the Abit Fatality AN9 SLi motherboard over the last with joy because I’ve returned two boards with a error code 9.0. that Abit are currently snagging. They think it’s a ram or bios issue. As you say RazoR_73 it's to new for feedback so it's going to have to be a one-on-one / spec-to-spec test with you kit carried out by a kind supplier / Manu who is willing to take the time out to do it.

Here is the kit I tried [first three items purchased & returned due to two failures]:

1. Abit Fatality AN9 32x SLi mobo [NEW].

2. AMD Athlon 64 4600 Dual Core 2.4GHz 512kb L2 cache AM2 940 pin [NEW].

3. ******** DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz GOLD edition EL dual channel 1GB Ram [NEW].

4. NZXT Lexa Chassis

5. Akasa AK-P650FF BK 650 watt PSU

6. BFG GeForce 7950 GTX2 GPU [NEW].

I posted a tread on abit@hexus.net forum & its the consensus its the ram so as not waste my time and effort [i’m disabled] before a dip my toe in the waters of early adopters I'm waiting to a compatibility test of DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz EL dual channel 1GB Ram on this mobo. Seems the high-end mobo are fussier than the old-school mobo on ram.

Hi RAM GUY

Are you saying you do a ram test on mobo's? If so sign me up, I’ve got this kit doing nothing.

Cheerz Optical10

The RAM GUY thinks that you need an FX CPU in order to run at the full DDR2-800 speed. That turned out to be only partially true: The X2 CPU such as the one you returned should have been able to run memory at the full DDR2-800 speed. In this case, then, the BIOS on that Abit Fatal1ty motherboard is not mature enough.

Also, if that system cannot run memory faster than DDR2-667, then you will experience the very same problem with an FX processor on the same motherboard. The FX processors use the very same memory controller as the X2 processors.

Look what I use and my ram runs at DDR800 4-4-4-12 2t and I have the 4600 X2 Dual 65watter board booted up first time on orriginal BIOS 10 then I installed XP 64 and updated to BIOS 11, But then again my power supply is an ANTEC 550tp Trieo SLI 2.0 that could help as my Video card alone uses 120 watts:sunglasse

Archived