Corsair Community

Mail in Rebate?

Mark099

I have a MIR that is overdue.

The status is that it is approved and I should have received payment by May 27th. The contact phone number does not work from my location. I sent a webform inquiry on June 7th and still no reply.

The prompt receipt of MIRs help me make my future purchasing decisions.

What is next?

Out of curiosity, what happens when you dial it?

It says that that number is not available from my area.

I sent an email to all of Corsair's posted contacts and did finally get a response. I was given some BS about them not being able to read my writing and being confused about my address. If you guys can see the way I printed on the rebate form you would think it's BS too.

• 4 weeks later...

I received an email on June 21st from:

Melissa D

510-743-1188 - fax

http://www.corsairmemory.com

She implied that if I emailed her my address she would have the check sent out right away. I did, but she did not follow through. I emailed her again and she replied on July 11th. I sent her my address again.

On July 20th, I sent her another email to verify she did, indeed, act on the July 11th email. Still no response.

Here is the rebate info:

Corsair Newegg TWINX2048-4000PT $40 Rebate

Offer Number = 1670

Tracking Id = 10028361

Purchase Date = 02/16/2006

Mail Date = 02/24/2006

• Corsair Employees

Like I stated previously the Rebates are processed from another company not us directly. I am sure she contacted the rebate company but it sometimes takes more time to get the checks sent out!

(And please do not post phone number last names or email address on the forum)

Its best if you follow up with her directly either by phone or by email! Just let me know if you have any problems.

• Corsair Employees
I know how you feel but its not us! I have a problem now with Sony; and they don’t even want to talk to me. They say there is nothing they can do and just hang up. So trust me I know how you feel that was for 225.00 Rebate and I got squat. We are trying to work with them and see what we can do to prevent that.

• 3 weeks later...
I know how you feel but its not us! I have a problem now with Sony; and they don’t even want to talk to me. They say there is nothing they can do and just hang up. So trust me I know how you feel that was for 225.00 Rebate and I got squat. We are trying to work with them and see what we can do to prevent that.

Still no rebate and like a stupid fool I went out and bought some more Corsair ram with another $40 rebate. So now I have two $40 rebate claims outstanding.

One thing is for sure. If I do not get both rebates, I will not be buying anymore Corsair ram. So, whether you handle the rebates or not, poor business practices will reflect badly on your company and not the nameless company that can see how many valid rebate claims they can get away with not paying.

• Corsair Employees
I do understand believe me, and I know you will be taken care of OK, but you have a contact with our customer service right? If so she is the one you should be talking to. I think you have her number if not let me know I will get the phone number for you!

I do understand believe me, and I know you will be taken care of OK, but you have a contact with our customer service right? If so she is the one you should be talking to. I think you have her number if not let me know I will get the phone number for you!

I sent another email over the weekend and received another response today. Apparently, the rebate check has not been mailed yet. I was told that one would be sent out within 24 hours though.

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Customer Service at 888-222-4346 and then ask for the person you spoke with she will help you I am sure. But I know our accounting system had some issue last week and many things are behind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After this rebate issue was resolved. Another rebate went through fine and I received a check about 9-10 weeks after submitting the forms.

Now, I am waiting on a 3rd rebate. The status shows it's processing, which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, it's been in this phase since the end of July.

I have sent a couple of emails to Ms. Duffy, but no reply. Tonight, I sent another email to customer service. Hopefully, that will yield a response.

I did go through the rebate company...

1) the phone number would not work from my area, and

2) the webform inquiry went unanswered.

Anyway, I did get a response from CS. I received a check today. I am happy that CS took care of me as well as they did. However, I am extremely disappointed that two out of three rebates have been screwed up.

Archived