Corsair Community

Problem with 1 GB 200 pin ddr SO-DIMM

JVKLAW

I use a Great Quality laptop purchased from Fryes, it runs on an AMD Sempron 2600+ processor.

I purchased a 1GA memory module made by Corsair/Value Select, it was a 1GB 200 pin DDR SO-DIMM module.

It worked fine for about three weeks, then my system crashed, and could not be fixed. I wiped the hard drive, reinstalled windows, but still the system would crash after a couple of hours of use. When I removed the memory card, everything works fine.

When I put it back in, it crashed.

Any help?

The Part # on the memory is as follows:

0612127-0

In terms of my laptop, I use a Great Quality ZX 5360, great quality is Fryes store brand. I have no idea what mother board this uses.

All I know is that my IT guy ran my computer with it and without it, and it will only work without it, and he recommended that I replace it.

From the postings I have seen, this is a common problem with your product, which of course comes with a lifetime warranty.

Since it actually worked for more than 15 days, Fryes won't take it back, so I have spent almost $100 on something that not only does not work, but it messes up my computer.

I am an attorney, and my time is money, and this situation has cost me a lot of time, and apparently it is going to cost me more since I am going to have to jump through some hoops to be able to exercise my warranty.

I will not be able to run any memory tests, since my computer will not even boot up with the memory in it, it basically starts booting up over and over over and over, and it won't even sart in safe mode or any thing else. When we thought it was a software or hard drive problem, we tried to reinstall windows, and it would get about half way through and then errors would show up and the whole thing would crash. Once we removed the memory, the problem stopped. That is about as technical as I can get.

The Part # on the memory is as follows:

0612127-0

Sorry, but that's not a part #. Read the link again. How To Read the Memory Label

From the postings I have seen, this is a common problem with your product, which of course comes with a lifetime warranty.
This forum is primarily used for RMAs. How often do you hear someone go to customer service in a store just to say "YOU GUYS ROCK", or better yet, go to divorce court just to say "honey, you rock" ? Taken from the baliff's perspective of marriages seen from within a courtroom, he'd think they all fail.

I am an attorney, and my time is money, and this situation has cost me a lot of time, and apparently it is going to cost me more since I am going to have to jump through some hoops to be able to exercise my warranty.
In my humble opinion, there are no hoops to be seen. All he's asked you is what memory and computer you have. It's a basic troubleshooting step. If you mean the RMA process (some people don't like doing RMAs via the forum), there are other ways to get an RMA:

Source: I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?

The RMA request can be made three ways:

A link to our online form can be found here. Complete the form, and submit it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

OR you can print the PDF version and fax it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

An editable Excel version can be found here. Complete the form and email it to RMA@corsairmemory.com. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

You can also call them @ 1-888-222-4346 or go to http://tsxpress.corsairmemory.com, which is a new automated RMA form.

I will not be able to run any memory tests, since my computer will not even boot up with the memory in it, it basically starts booting up over and over over and over, and it won't even sart in safe mode or any thing else. When we thought it was a software or hard drive problem, we tried to reinstall windows, and it would get about half way through and then errors would show up and the whole thing would crash. Once we removed the memory, the problem stopped. That is about as technical as I can get.

Are you mixing it with other memory? (sounds like it, just getting some clarification)

Assuming so, have you tried the Corsair stick (by itself) in the slot the other memory is in? This will confirm if it's a bad memory slot, or a bad stick, seeing that the other stick works fine in the slot it's currently in. Quick and easy, and pretty conclusive.

Archived