Corsair Community

Problem with memory

daz01

Hey guys i purchased one set of this ram about 4 months ago, its CMX512-3200C2 chips, v5.2, Lot No.0602112-0.

My PC started having blue screen SYSDUMPs and would restart and have no problems for a month or so.

Then just resently my PC did the same thing again but i had about 3 SYSDUMPs in a row and it went to the PC not even making it to desk top, it would go as far as a black screen where it asks which mode you would like to start PC in, i tried last known configeration and in safe mode and the pc would just restart again and the same thing over again.

I consaulted a computer tech and he suggested taking ram out and tring another set i had which was an odd set of hong kong louie and the PC worked fine . Tried the corsair set in another PC and the PC constantly restarted like before. So its obvious the ram is stuffed.

So what do i need to do? Or what do you suggest?

Computer specs:

*MB- Asus A8N-SLI Premium nForce4 SLI

*CPU- AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ (2.0GHz/512KB/0.09u/E6)

*Ram- CORSAIR XMS 1024MB TWINX-3200 (400MHz) DDR RAM CAS2

*Graphics Card- XFX PV-T42E-YDF3 Geforce6800XT Extreme Edition, 512MB

*PSU- Topower 600watts

*Operating system- Windows XP Pro SP2

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Hey Ram Guy,

I downloaded memtest and when i went to test the first stick my PC wouldn't start up, it went straight back to restart. So i took it out and put in the 2nd stick and PC started up and worked fine. Therefore i didn't do a memtest because obviously 1 stick is stuffed.

So what would you like me to do from that information i told you?

If i need to send it back for replacement, and as i live in Australia do i send it to you or is there somewhere in Australia where i can get it replaced?

Thanks

daz01

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ram Guy,

I sent the ram back to you returns address via Air Mail back on the 30th June, and it has been over 17 days and have not heard from you guys as yet.

How long does it take for air mail to reach you from Australia, and when should i be expecting the replaced products back?

Thanks

daz01

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry I would not know that, please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Our Customer Service hours are from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays. And ask them to check the status for you!

Archived