Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200C2PT not working in dual channel

tlyeu

I have a gateway desktop that I am upgrading, but I'm having some issues with this RAM.

The motherboard is an Intel Midway 2 made for Gateway. CPU is an Intel P4 Northwood @ 3.06ghz.

I was previously using two 256MB PC2700 in dual channel configuration.

The pc3200 Corsair units work fine in single channel configuration.

In dual channel config, I can get into BIOS, which correctly recognizes the units as DDR400 1024MB each in dual channel, with memory speed at 333mhz (because my cpu has a 533mhz FSB). The windows loading logo appears and then machine reboots or hangs.

Note: Safemode works fine in dual channel config..

I flashed BIOS successfully, installed current chipset drivers and even tried reformatting/reinstalling hoping Windows would detect and configure appropriately to the new units in dual channel. The reinstall gives me the blue screen of death midway through the process (dumping physical memory) so I had to reinstall using single channel config.

Misc info:

Running cpu-z with the units in single channel config showed them running at 333mhz, with timings of 3-3-3-7

The BIOS seems to be very limited in terms of adjustability, being that it is a Gateway machine. I'm not sure how to manually adjust memory timing / voltage on this.

Are these units incompatible with my system in dual channel? If so, which units will work? Help please.

• 11 months later...
I have a gateway desktop that I am upgrading, but I'm having some issues with this RAM.

The motherboard is an Intel Midway 2 made for Gateway. CPU is an Intel P4 Northwood @ 3.06ghz.

I was previously using two 256MB PC2700 in dual channel configuration.

The pc3200 Corsair units work fine in single channel configuration.

In dual channel config, I can get into BIOS, which correctly recognizes the units as DDR400 1024MB each in dual channel, with memory speed at 333mhz (because my cpu has a 533mhz FSB). The windows loading logo appears and then machine reboots or hangs.

Note: Safemode works fine in dual channel config..

I flashed BIOS successfully, installed current chipset drivers and even tried reformatting/reinstalling hoping Windows would detect and configure appropriately to the new units in dual channel. The reinstall gives me the blue screen of death midway through the process (dumping physical memory) so I had to reinstall using single channel config.

Misc info:

Running cpu-z with the units in single channel config showed them running at 333mhz, with timings of 3-3-3-7

The BIOS seems to be very limited in terms of adjustability, being that it is a Gateway machine. I'm not sure how to manually adjust memory timing / voltage on this.

Are these units incompatible with my system in dual channel? If so, which units will work? Help please.

:!:i had the same problem...i pulled out the ram, rest it & have not had a problem since! just make sure it is set in there good!:!:

Archived