Corsair Community

Corsair XMS 3200 , CL2 problem

ifcho

Hi :)

I have a very strange problem with my Corsair XMS.

My PC is:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3200+@2200Mhz (default)

MB: Epox 8RDA3+ pro (bios from 2006)

RAM: 1GB (2x512) Corsair XMS3200, DDR400 CL2 v5.2

VC: XFX 6600GT

Very often crashes of 3D applications, games and 3D space models with an error "Segmentation fault". Gentoo ebuilds sometimes crash with the same error.

Memtest sometimes gives errors, sometimes it does not!?(CAS 2-3-3-8 , 2.5-3-3-8 @ 2.5V) By 10 pass or more...

Help me...:sigh!:

1. What is the exact part # and revision # of each stick? How To Read the Memory Label

2. Try 2.75 volts

Thank you!

1:

I returned the memory for some of the tests in the office and I can not tell you anything at the moment about its revision.

2:

I try @ 2.75V -- ut2004 crash again -Segmentation fail

I have no time to test with memtest86...

Did you load setup defaults and then set the timings and voltage? And please test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one at a time.

Yes,

and memtest from http://www.memtest.org sometimes gives errors, sometimes it does not.

I hope that I'll manage to take both memory modules today and then I'll give you its specifications.Is it possible the processor not to coherence with the memory or nForce2 Ultra 400R North Bridge makes some kind of problems?In my opinion,the memory is ok,but there is a problem between the processor and the memory.In the past I had a MB A7V880(kt880) and with this memory the desktop froze and nothing else could help but a manual restart.It didn't

show any kind of mistakes at memtest on the other MB.Could it be possible that the problem comes from the processor?

That might suggest some other problem, if you are getting random or erratic errors.

Could it be possible that the problem comes from the PSU (Fortron 350W) ?

Or any contact problems at the 184 pins? The memory work fine with other MB( with P4).

(2-3-3-6)

XMS3202v5.2

Yes it could be the PSU I would suggest a 400 watt minimum with the config you gave and 450 Watt suggested.

Yes it could be the PSU I would suggest a 400 watt minimum with the config you gave and 450 Watt suggested.

I have a new PSU 400W

Memory kit, despite working it was changed with a new one(kit 2 pieces x512MB).

The new is CMX3200C2 XMS3202v3.4 0623156-2

At the moment only one piece memory chip renders mistakes of this mainboard. When being with other system-memory chip, having any issue with memtest 86 or 3d.One of these piece work fine with my system( nForce2 Ultra, amd 3200+), but one have a lot a memtest86 errors with THIS MAINBOARD!

The two pieces work well in another mb (intel 865 north bridge).

I am merely at the point with one memory chip and there isn''t none problem. I want though to be able to install the as well other part of memory.I hope that you will help me...

I wanted to cost that the issue is on the MB - Epox 8rda3+ PRO?Is this right? I will be you Grateful If Help with a council. Salute!

PS:I do not talk well English, hopes that you understand me;)

• Corsair Employees

I would try these settings and test the system.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

One of the memory pieces was bad and they exchanged her to me with new one. There was trouble with memtest again. I found decision that repairs the things. I increased the tension of the memory chip of 2.9 Volts (2,83). At this voltage there aren''t none problems of memtest. There are only rarely troubles with UT2004 beehive state (Segmentation fault).

Archived