Corsair Community

Not so good luck with 2GB SD chip...

mjrtoo

I've been very happy with my PC memory, so I tried a 2GB SD chip for general data transfer etc. I've only used it about 4 times and the write protect tab has broken off...in the protect position. When I was trying to look at possibly fixing it, the thing literally fell apart in my hands...the case just came apart into two peices, exposing the RAM. While it's kind of cool to see what the inside of a SD chip looks like, it's a waste of 60 bucks.

Not sure if there is anything I can do about it, but, just wanted to let the folks there know that perhaps they should look at beefing up the case and write protect mechanism A LOT more.

• 1 month later...

Thanks RAM guy, I received my new SD Card! Great customer service.

I do have a tech question now though.

I am using this on a Toshiba Tecra A4 which has a built in SD/XD slot. The SD card shows up in Explorer as drive G, but not in disk management or disk defragmentation. I was hoping to adjust the drive letter to help with a network drive conflict.

Do you have any advice/insight on this issue? I know it's not you're problem, but would appreciate anything you might add.

Matt

• 1 month later...

Same thing happened again, I rarely use the SD card and the copy protect tab fell off (in the protect position) and the case is cracking along the seam again. I only use the SD card in two devices, my laptop I refered to above and a SanDisk SDDR-103 and always keep the SD card in the protective plastic case when not being used.

Just letting you know.

I think I've about given up on this product.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived