Corsair Community

RAM for P5WD2-E Premium

insaniac

Hi,

I have the 2GB TWIN2X2048-5400C4 RAM which I am going to RMA back to the shop, so I'm thinking perhaps I should get another RAM instead of this.

I'm not quite sure whether this RAM is supported by P5WD2-E Premium as only the 1GB equivalent appears on the memory selector page.

Is this a recommended RAM or not?

• Corsair Employees
These modules should run great on that MB just load setup defaults and then set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the tested settings should be all you need to do. You can follow the link in my signature for the tested settings.

Thanks.

These modules do not appear on the tested settings page.

If I assume that the settings should be the same as for the 1gb equivalents then from that page:

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 250MHz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 533MHz

DRAM Timing Selectable: Auto Yields the following timings

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 1.9

NB Voltage 1.9 Volts (On Abit AA8 Only)

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts

My question is:

1) Does this mean that the recommendation is to run this RAM at 533Mhz ???

2) This motherboard overclocks by default so if i set the voltage to be 2.1Volts then it's possible that in reality it will be more. Are you sure I should set it to 2.1V? This voltage appears in RED in the BIOS

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived