Corsair Community

Corsair 4GB Prob with ASUS (Another one)

gonzo532

Hi all, 1st post.

I recently purchased a new PC for my gaming experience.

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MOBO

2 GB of Corsair CMX1024-3200C2PT, XMS3200, 1024 MB, 400MHZ (2 Sticks)

After installing all components I fired it up for the first time and......BEEP BEEEP !! I hated hearing that on my new PC. So I learn it's a Ram issue based on the number of beeps. I read the manual about installing Ram Sticks and thought I had it right. I reinstalled the two sticks into the first two slots (A) or the Black and Blue slots.....re-boot and poof! It worked.

I was wondering how come it worked when the sticks were in the wrong spots? Maybe I'm wrong? WHo knows, but I installed my XP and games and was loving my gaming experience within an hour.

FOUR WEEKS LATER............

I call Tiiigerdirect and I tell them I want another 2 GB of ram and ask for the SAME exact kind from my last order. THey charge me 200 bucks and they arrive today.

I have placed all four sticks in diff configurations and I get the BEEEEEEEEEEEP Ram error. So I come here and read up and find that the "revision" may be the problem. Here is the 'fine print' on my 4 sticks.

2 Sticks say: V1.2 0623076-1

2 New Sticks say: V1.6 0618008-3

So am I screwed? Do I have to send these back since they are different versions (1.2 & 1.6)? And Am I even installing these things correctly? It seems the first two sticks should be in the A1 and B1 slots....according to manual.

Please help & Yes, I've read up a lot and can't find the answer other than "Different Versions won't work"...that sucks.

Much appreciated!!!

gonzo532:D:

Thanks.

I mailed the ram back today and they are giving me a full refund :D:

Now that I have you reading, can you tell me what I should set my BIOS to get the most out of my 2GB of ram?

Thanks so much, your knowledge on this stuff is amazing.

Gonzo532

No problemo.

Corsair XMS Qualification and Testing Information

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Command Rate: 1T

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

If there's no 2.75 setting available, use 2.7 or 2.8. They're warrantied up to, but not above, 2.90 volts.

Archived