Corsair Community

Acer Aspire T135 - configurator issue

vois2

Please help me identify the correct item number from Corsair that I should install - some concerns below with Configurator.

I recently bought some Corsair VS for a laptop, and am very happy with it. Now I want to add some RAM to my desktop Acer Aspire T135.

The Corsair configurator tool lists the wrong chipset, however. It lists an SIS chipset for the Acer T13x series.

My machine is the Acer Aspire AST135-US3300. The motherboard is identified in the Award BIOS as Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M. This has the VIA K8M800 chipset along with the VT8380 (North) and VT8237 (South) chipsets. The motherboard chipset's timings are 3-3-3-8 (200 MHz)/ command 2T, which match the timings of the factory installed Hyundai DIMM inside (1@256MB).

The processor is the AMD Sempron 3300+ , which MemTest86 correctly identifies as an Athlon64 core with the reduced L2 cache of 128MB.

Now, one weird thing is that MemTest86 ver 3.2 won't display the usual info such as memory speed when it runs. I love MemTest86 for that sort of info, but it just isn't there on the upper half of the MemTest display.

And, lastly, when I run Everest Home v2.20 it tells me that I have 256MB of PC3200 DDR SDRAM with timings as written above.

Please help me identify the correct item number from Corsair that I should install. I want a 1GB stick or 2x512 IF this mobo + processor supports pairings for better performance. Thanks!

Now, one weird thing is that MemTest86 ver 3.2 won't display the usual info such as memory speed when it runs. I love MemTest86 for that sort of info, but it just isn't there on the upper half of the MemTest display.

Memtest86+ v1.65 is the correct one to use, Memtext86 v3.2 hasn't been updated in almost 2 years!

Archived