Corsair Community

I think my ram is bad

ey3ball

A while ago my computer stated acting up. for no reason it would turn on the blue error screen. so once i took it to comp usa they told me my corsair ram was bad. so i sent it in to corsair and they gave me a new stick of ram. while now my computer is doing the same thing when i report the error to widows it says its either my mb, ram, cpu or power supply. so i believe my ram is bad again.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. But with the MB and CPU you have you will need to set the memory frequency at 100% or DDR333

i changed my bios to setup defaul and i changed my timmings to the factory specs. but i couldnt find the dim voltage or the memory frequency. can you tell me how to acess these. to clarify i have a MSI

K7N2 Delta-ILSR.

Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. But with the MB and CPU you have you will need to set the memory frequency at 100% or DDR333

what do you mean by (+.2 volts W/Giga-byte). do you mean to set it to 2.9x volts if i have a gig of ram?

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Archived