Corsair Community

Corsair Cool Pump stopped working after 3 weeks.

zinoy

I purchased the Corsair Cool kit on 5/25/2006. It has been running fine since then until today when my wife was scanning pictures the machine just shut off.

I opened up the case and noticed the water tubes were very pliable due to the liquid being VERY hot inside. The liquid is not moving. I hooked up the pump to another powersupply to test if it runs without starting up the machine again and it is not pushing any liquid. The is also no noise coming from the unit.

Is there a fix? If not, is the pump a warrantiable item?

Thank you in advance.

Byron

zinoy,

You have a classic example of a COOL pump that may have just stalled.

If the pump stalled, try running it in a liquid loop and tap on the side of the pump with a screw driver handle. If the pump starts back up, then you are entitled to receive a newer upgraded pump. Contact Corsair with this issue and follow up by reporting your findings back here in the forum thread.

If the pump is dead, still contact Corsair even if the COOL is out of warranty.

You may need to give the pump's serial number to determine if it was made within the stalled version lot of pumps.

Stev

How long does the RMA usually take? I talked to tech support on Wednesday who said to go ahead and request the RMA. I filled out the online form shortly after getting off the phone.

Thank you for your help.

As an update, if I tap on it the pump will start. I most likely have one of the early batch that I see in other threads.u

zinoy

I requested the RMA last Wednesday using the online form and have not received a response. Everytime I try to call in to to the RMA dept, I just get voicemail.

Is this typical with Corsair?

Thank you for any help you can provide. My PC has been down for a week now, and my wife is crabby.

zinoy

I requested the RMA last Wednesday using the online form and have not received a response. Everytime I try to call in to to the RMA dept, I just get voicemail.

Is this typical with Corsair?

Thank you for any help you can provide. My PC has been down for a week now, and my wife is crabby.

zinoy

Man that sux plus I hope you get the Corsair stuff running too. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my new pump today.

My old pump was manufactured on 12/04. This one is 08/05.

Is the the "New" series? Type on sticker is ddc-1tp. The painted on type is ddc2-tp.

Thanks for all your help.

Zinoy

I am not having the best of luck with this kit. I installed the new pump and made sure the pump and all of the lines were full of liquid before attempting to start it. The new pump is definately louder and stronger than the old revision.

The problem is, this one is more unreliable than the first. Where the first one would not start only sometimes, this one will only start if tapped on every time I attempt to use the machine. This is definately the new 18w model.

I have my resevoir in the top bay with the pump on the bottom of the case. This should be enough to gravity feed the pump, no?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

Zinoy

Archived