Corsair Community

Problem with Windows MCE Installation - memory?

Hi, I'm having trouble with a build similar to Corsair's High Performance Gaming Box. I have a BenQ dvd burner, Corsair XMS 2Gb, and my hdd's are both WD Caviars, one's 80gb, the other's 500, I think the other's stuff's the same, though.

When I get to the part where XP (Media Center 2005) copies files into the installation folder, it copies some, but sometimes it comes to other it can't find. I can then hit enter to retry or esc to quit. Sometimes if I hit enter enough it will get it, and sometimes if I eject the disc, reinsert it, and then hit enter it will get it. But it always messes up completely and says something like "PAGE_ERROR_IN_A_NONPAGED_AREA." The farthest I've gotten is about 40%. I tried using a cd drive, but the same thing happened. I thought it was my disc, but I've been told I need to load SATA drivers by hitting F6 (I don't have a floppy), you know. I noticed you didn't do that, and I based most of what I did on this build. I was just wondering if someone here might know what's wrong.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

I have a problem similar to this. I'm setting Media Center up for the first time, and I got a 0x0000008E message, which has to do with RAM. After that, I realized I'd set my RAM up the same as the High-end Gaming build said. I tried changing it to 2-3-3-6 @ 1T, at 2.75V, but now setup won't start at all. Can someone say EXACTLY what to set all my RAM stuff up to in BIOS (I'm very new at this). Also, I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, and I tried switching to 2T, but that didn't work either.

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

My posts seem to keep getting deleted. Is it just me? Anyway, here's what happened. I had one error.

Tst: 3

Pass: 0

Failing Address: 000335efe90-821.9MB

Good: 7f7f7f7f

Bad: 777f7f7f

Err-Bits: 08000000

Count: 3

Chan: __

Both sticks in A2 and B2, timings = 2.5-3-3-6 @ 1T.

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium with AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

My posts seem to keep getting deleted. Is it just me?
They're not being deleted, they're being kept in the same thread. You keep posting in other people's threads, which have no bearing whatsoever with yours!

Archived