Corsair Community

Dead sticks of twinx1024-3200xlpro

Greetings,

Last week my twinx1024-3200xlpro modules up and died. Was using machine when suddenly windows shut down in what seemed like a normal, though accelerated, shut down. The PC did not give any display upon attempting a reboot.

Wracked my brain for a good while while trying this and that when I noticed the LCD display on the ram seemed funny. Removed them and used a different ram set I had. Success. Got a full normal bootup. Tried re-inserting the suspect ram, and it POSTed this time. Post was indicative of a memory problem. Just to be on the safe side, attempted to use the ram sticks on a different machine and that machine also complained and did not boot. To be extra-extra sure, I reset my CMOS jumper and tried it with a default-bios boot. Also yielded a POST indicating a memory problem and a non-boot.

I can only deduce that these sticks are defective and will not work regardless of setting or configuration.

My motherboard: Soyo Dragon Black Label 1.0 (800 FSB)

CPU: 3.4 GHz Prescott socket 478 (800 FSB)

Memory was set by SPD, which for these modules: 2-2-2-5.

I use no overclocking. Case temp is a consistant ambient 32 degrees C.

Previously, these same sticks were working fine in this same configuration for 5 to 6 months. No attempts at changing configuration were done or nothing to provoke a bad response from the modules. Windows performed a normal shut down when the problem originated while playing Battlefield 2, in game, seemingly out of the blue.

I am requesting for RMA replacement of these memory sticks.

Thank you.

~Rousdower

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived