Corsair Community

Faulty Sticks of 512mb DDR400 Value Select

I just opened my brand new pack of Corsair Value Select DDR400 PC3200 and put them in the paired slots on my mobo (evga nforce4-1)

However, whenever it's about to load into windows, I get this stop message:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or visit http://www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS. If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X000000A5 (0X00000011, 0X00000007, 0XF77270C0, 0C0100000C)

I previously had 2 sticks of 512mb Corsair value select and just added these 2 that are exactly the same. I took out the old ones and just tried the new, but the comp wouldn't even show the logo screen. I also tried switching the slots but that didn't work either.

I also checked the evga forums and the Corsair value select is compatible with the NF41

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• Corsair Employee
Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Archived