Corsair Community

TWIN-3200C2PT will not post at 2-3-3-6-1T

cody45

I replaced a set of XPERT1024XL with these and my computer ASUS A8V Deluxe rev.2 will not post at 2-3-3-6-1T. I had no problem with the XPERT at 2-2-2-5-1T. when I tried to boot I got a Bad Bios screen and it seems to have messed up my HD. They will post at 2.5-3-3-6-1T however. I am running on an Antec TP 430 with 26A on the 12V rail. Can you give me any suggestions on how to get it to run at cas2. CPU A64 3400+ 2.2GH. Thanks, Joe:(:

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Both sticks failed big time at cas2 but each stick passed without any errors at cas2.5 at 7.65V! My TwinXP1024-3200XL each passed at the rated 2-2-2-5-1T so I don't see how the problem could be somewhere else other than the ram!. I will call New Egg in the AM and see if others are having the same problem. Reading customer reviews on their site suggests to me that I am not the only one having this issue. If it can't run at the rated settings I will return it for some that can. Thanks, Joe:(:

• Corsair Employees
You have not given us enough information to help you solve the problem. Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Archived