Corsair Community

Bad Memory Module

Hello,

Here is a record from Dell regarding what my system is:

1 C3824 PROCESSOR, 80547, PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT DT, Pentium 4 Prescott DT, 3.0GHZ, 1 MEGB, 800FSB, SKT-T

1 J3492 CARD (CIRCUIT), PLANAR (MOTHERBOARD), DIM8400

1 4N454 KEYBOARD, 104, UNITED STATES, NMB, LOW COST, MIDNIGHT GRAY

1 F2854 KIT, MOUSE, PERSONAL SYSTEM 2, 2BTN, WHEEL, PRIMAX ELECTRONICS LTD

2 T2675 DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 512, 533M, 32X64, 8, 240, 2RX8

1 F3988 CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, 128, X300, SERVER ENHANCED, MRMGA8

1 5R212 FLOPPY DRIVE, 1.44M, 3.5" FORM FACTOR, 3MD, NO BEZEL, NEC CORPORATION, CHASSIS 2001

1 N4707 HARD DRIVE, 160GB, Serial ATA, 7.2K, 8MB, SEAGATE-ALPINE

1 N4707 HARD DRIVE, 160GB, Serial ATA, 7.2K, 8MB, SEAGATE-ALPINE

1 C6355 ASSEMBLY, CABLE, Serial ATA, TRANSFORMER SKY DIVE MINITOWER, 2.0

1 T7166 KIT, SOFTWARE, WP-PRDCT-STE12, ENGLAND/ENGLISH, V2

1 R2553 KIT, SOFTWARE, OVERPACK, WXPHSP1A, COMPACT DISKETTE W/DOCUMENTATION, ENGLAND/ENGLISH

1 G4874 KIT, DOCUMENTATON ON FLOPPY DISK, SOFTWARE, POWERDVD, 5.1

1 U5945 ASSEMBLY, DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE, 16X, HALF HEIGHT, HITACHI LG DATA STORAGE, CHASSIS 2001

I purchased two memory modules PN VS1GB533D2. I had several strange issues, corrupted data, occasional crashes. I replaced the OS and the crashes continue. I ran the memory test, which took about a full day before I just stopped it. I believe about 1% had passed the test. I am unsure of any bios settings, if there are any.

If there are no Bios settings that need to be set, I need to submit an RMA.

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
It usually takes about 24 hours, and our customer service hours are from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time Excluding weekends and holidays. If you dont have a reply by about 3 PM Pacific time, you can call them at 888-222-4346.

I have tried with the Corsair memory alone and with the Dell memory installed. When I had the Dell memory installed at the same time, I never mixed pairs.

Are you telling me that any time a person puts Corsair memory into a system, they must first remove all non Corsair memory?

I can never add Corsair memory to my existing system, unless its already in the system?

So far I am VERY dissapointed in the support for this problem. I sent the memory back on the 14th, and they received them on the 20th (based on tracking number from UPS). I have also called the support line twice, got the oppertunity to leave a message, and get no responce, twice. 24-48 hours has long since passed (the time stated in the email I got to send new memory), and I have not heard anything regarding the status.

Maybe its already sent, but I would have no idea, since I have not received any thing to say so. I don't mind things taking a while, and can expect some possible delays, but I do not like to be kept un-informed. It is now the 24th, 4 days after your receipt of my memory.

• Corsair Employees

No what Wired is telling you is we would not suggest mixing our Value Select with other memory, if you want to add to the memory that came with your system you should look up your system on our memory configurator and use a module that’s suggested.

And Customer Service hours are Monday Thru Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time excluding weekends and holidays, if you called when you posted I am sorry but we were not here.

You can call them now or let me know the RMA number and we will be happy to check for you.

Archived