Corsair Community

bad memory

i am a technician at a computer shop in tampa, basically I have 4 modules that are bad. The first two are corsair platinum twinx 512mb XMS3200, the other two are corsair platinum 256mb XMS3200. All have been scanned with ram diagnostic software and failed, when computer tries to boot with the modules it will not boot, with different ram it does, what is the rma procedure.

thank you

First set is CMX256A-3200C2PT , second set is CMX512-3200LLPT. Both sets were initially in a Asus P4P800 Deluxe mobo I also tested them in a Asus A8V Deluxe with a Athlon 64 3500+, and ran memtest on both sets, both sets failed. All bios settings were default, no performance settings.

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but with AMD 64 Based systems you cannot mix memory, pease test them one set at a time, and I would just use the XMS3200LL set and set the voltage to 2.7 Volts and you should be good to go!

IT was my mistake that i gave you the impression i was running them in the same system, both of the sets were initially running in TWO different P4P800 Deluxe systems and were tested seperately in the A8V Deluxe. Sorry about that.

Archived