Corsair Community

Need help picking 2 gig of ram for my system.

Kumacho

I have a MSI K8T Neo-V Motherboard and as I understand it there are certain restrictions when installing ram on this MB.

If I'm reading it correctly, there is no way I can get DDR400 if I install 2X1gig sticks on the motherboard. If I'm reading it incorrectly I sure would like to know!

I'm hoping to go with Twinx2048-3200c2pt if it will work and I will be able to get DDR400 while using it with this motherboard.

The other option (and I don't like this one) would be for me to replace the motherboard with one that I can install 2 gigs of DDR400 in.

I do not understand the problem? This motherboard supports up to 2GBs and runs DDR400. You would just have to remove you current memory. Where does it state that the board cannot run DDR400 with 2GB?

If you use Corsair's Memory Configurator, it states that TwinS2048-3200C2PT is clearly compatible with the board:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search.html

I do not understand the problem? This motherboard supports up to 2GBs and runs DDR400. You would just have to remove you current memory. Where does it state that the board cannot run DDR400 with 2GB?

If you use Corsair's Memory Configurator, it states that TwinS2048-3200C2PT is clearly compatible with the board:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search.html

Where are you finding my motherboard on the configurator? I see a K8N NeoV and two Intel Neo-V botherboards. But I don't see a K8T Neo-V anywhere.

The owners manual says that if you place two two sided dimms in each expansion slot the ram will at 200mhz. If I understand the manual correctly, you have to use 1 two sided stick and 1 one sided stick.

Since my model of motherboard is not listed in the configurator, I went to the MSI website and there is a long list of ram and final Mhz. However, there are no 1gig X 2 setups listed using corsair.

The problem, in this case, is that you have a Socket 754 platform combined with a VIA chipset. Such platforms will default your memory's clockspeed to DDR333 (166MHz) if you use more than one double-sided module.

Then my best bet would be to get rid of the VIA based chipset and opt for a nVidia based motherboard?

Archived