Corsair Community

TwinX1024-3200C2PT voltage

I got this memory down from 2-3-3-6 (manufacturer recommended) to 2-3-2-5 without any voltage increase. The max I can go with these or more relaxed timings is around 210MHz. I'd like to increase voltage, however, I'm scared to blow my babies. How high can I go with these guys and what can I expect? I'm looking for a 1:1 with 258FSB or more (which I'm pretty damn sure is impossible). My memory is running hot as it is - it almost burned my finger when I touched it.

No, overclocking DOESN'T void the warranty with respect to trying different timings / speeds, as it can't damage the memory. Worst case is that you'd have to reset the BIOS, no biggie there. VOLTAGE however, can damage it.

258 Mhz I seriously doubt you'll hit with 3200C2s. They're just not known for OCing that high. 3200XLs on the other hand very well could.

Here's what I'd recommend. Post the relevant info in the IC Inquiry Thread, find out what ICs you have. That's the best indicator of what the sticks may or may not be able to do.

I'm Promos -5 Rev A. I have no clue what these things are, but they aren't WinBond or Samsung, so I'm pretty ticked off. I probably should have done more research but these things aren't "overclocking champs". Corsair should really think about doing a bit better with the XMS series.

Mine are Winbond BH5 ICs and won't do more than 210MHz at 2-2-2-5 2.9V and 212 2.5-4-4-10. Yep, you read that right. I can't go further, my motherboard only supports vdimm to 2.9V and it would void the warranty anyway.

You'll probably have better luck with your Promos.

Archived