Corsair Community

Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI Memory options?

jeepaholic

Right now I am running Corsair 1GB Kit DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Xtra-Low Latency and I love it, but I have decided that I need more RAM because Battlefield 2 sucks it up so fast. I was wondering what would be the best memory set up for running Battlefield 2, I know it has to be at least 2 GB's. My friend is running 4 GB's of DDR500 and his flys and he has the same mobo as me but my machine beats his every where else. I am just lost at wich memory to get to run BF2 the best.

Mobo is an Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI

AMD X2 4800

• Corsair Employees

2.0 Gig of memory would be best with BF2, but I would not suggest 4 modules as it may make the system run slower

It would be best to replace what you have now with Twinx2048-3200C2 set of modules for best performance and find another use for the old modules.

• 2 weeks later...
I got the memory in and swaped it out and I am happy, it loads Battlefield 2 twice as fast, thanks for the guidence. Only problem is that now I got extra RAM and am contemplating building a BF2 server out of spare parts now lol. Just what I need another project, thanks again.

• Corsair Employees

LOL it works that way for me to. MY wife got mad at me with 12 computers at home and told me it was her or the computers LOL!

You know I chose the computers and told her I can get new wife LMAO!:eek:

Archived