Corsair Community

Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT not working on 250Mhz

lps

Hello

i recently installed Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT memory into my system (check profile) and it refuses to operate at default frequency with default settings (no overclocking). I tried all i can but max what i can get from it was 225Mhz (with two sticks), BUT when i leave only one stick it runs (memtest, games) perfectly at 275Mhz!

What can i do to make two sticks work at 250Mhz in my system ?

BTW why did this modules have Tras programmed to 10 in SPD ? In specs it is 8!

What are your current memory settings?

i tested all the time with default memory settings: 3/4/4/8 at 2.8volts

You tested both sticks individually to run at 275 or just one of them runs that fast?

no, i tested only one stick yet at 275Mhz.. i will check another one later

Probably just the MB topping out from what you have posted, I would see if a friend has another make of MB you can test your CPU and memory in.

i'm sorry but i bought this memory for my MB (which, btw listed as compatible with that memory sticks at your site) and now i have it only at 225Mhz :[pouts: i'm quite dissapointed

• Corsair Employee
The modules are compatible, but that does not mean that your system will over clock to the tested settings that the modules are rated at. I would test the modules in a known working system to be sure or I have no problem repalcing your modules if you want to try that, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

The modules are compatible, but that does not mean that your system will over clock to the tested settings that the modules are rated at. I would test the modules in a known working system to be sure or I have no problem repalcing your modules if you want to try that, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

thank you, but i don't want to replace them, there is no reason for this.

maybe you know some tweaks i can try to make them both run faster on my system ?

Archived