Corsair Community

Bad stick of RAM.

I purchased (2) 1 GB sticks of VS1GB400C3 DDR400 PC3200 CAS3 RAM from zipzoomfly on 04/12/06. I have been experiancing problems with my system and have finally narrowed it down to one of my sticks of RAM. I have confirmed this with individual tests on each stick with "Memtest" and "Burn In Test" tests. I continually get errors with one of the sticks of RAM, yet the other tests clean every time. According to zipzoomfly they only have a 30 day return policy, however their site and yours says you have lifetime warranty for your memory products. I would very much love to have this stick of RAM replaced please. I have posted this thread as instructed for the "Ram Guy" to provide instructions as stated on your FAQ? Thank you very much for your anticipated speedy resolution to my problem:biggrin:

Ok, that's what I figured too. However it is almost 3:00 PM MST and I still don't have an email with the RMA. Not to mention I requested one on Thursday, no reason I couldn't have had it by Friday. Feeling disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I finally got a new stick of 1 GIG RAM yesterday. I did the "memtest" program on it for several hours to ensure it is good before adding it to my system....and I got errors still! I tested my other Corsair RAM sticks, I have another 1 GIG and 2 512MB ones, with same program, individually...same as before and got no errors with them still. Tested all same amount of time, about 3 hrs. So what's the deal? I got a replacement stick and it's still erroring out. I'm very upset and frustrated after waiting almost 2 weeks for a replacement :[pouts:

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Ok, I'll give them a hollar tomorrow I guess during the hours. Are you thinking that the problem is not necessarily the RAM? Is the "Memtest" program a good one to run on your products, or no? I'll reply back if there are issues after speaking with your tech support guys tomorrow. Thanks.

Archived