Corsair Community

XMS3200 Crashes

Zoski

Hi, I just put together a new system with the following parts and been pulling my hair out with all the system crashes.

Asus A8n-SLI

Athlon 64 X2 3800

XMS3200v4.2 -1GB

XFX 7900GT

420W Pwr Supply

The system runs perfectly stable using a Kingst0n KVR333X64C25/ 512 stick. I have reviewed many posts and have tried many settings including changing the timings (default/Auto)(2,3,6,2)(2.5,3,6,3) and the DRAM voltage (Auto)(2.7v)(2.75v)(2.8v). I have also tried underclocking to 333MHz and disabled cool & quiet.

I've "Memtested" the XMS and after 4 passes no errors were found, the Bios is updated. Any more ideas? Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200 Cass 3-3-3-8 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

But I would suggest a minimum of a 500 Watt PSU with the config you gave. With 550 Watt or bigger suggested.

I tried the settings just suggested, less the power supply, and it is still crashing. If it is a power issue then does the XMS use that much more than the KVR? If it is because it is running at 333MHz, I'll lower the XMS if it will make it stable.

I finally got a 550W PSU and at the same time got a great deal on a pair of CMX1024-3200's. I tried the old stick with the new PSU and the same crashes occurred, replaced that with the two new sticks and no problems what-so-ever. FYI.

Archived