Corsair Community

Tyan Tomcat K8E (s2865) which ram?

BX440

Could you suggest some ram for this board (nVIDIA nForce4 Ultra)? (It's not in the configurator database)

One high performance and one ECC, as this board takes both.

The TYAN recommendations include UCCC and TCCC as well as some Infineon, Micron and others.

"Up to 4GB of unbuffered, ECC/Non-ECC memory"

I have already 2x CMX512-3200XL, so may use that (as temporary), but have other boards for those already (partially reason for high performance request). At some point I will want to have the ECC function.

Tyan lists Corsair ECC on their recomandations, however I would like to know your opinion, given that the sticks in question use some (edit: micron) ICs I'm not so sure about with respect to performance.

I understand ECC function does not make much of a hit on performance, as does the buffering of registered ram.

I will post results, except of the spam........................................................................ for ever more and anon

When will "you" ever learn?

Bad marketing only serves the marketers, short term, short sighted, self serving victimization. Multiple revenue streams? How about loss of primary.

In complete contradiction to the ideals you espouse. And you have some serious competition...

If you haven't a better suggestion, well, I'm sorry for having given you the chance regardless.

• Corsair Employees

What are you talking about?

I am sorry but you are not making any sense!

XMS3200XL modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 Volts and Tyan MB's do not usually give you the option to set the memory voltage. You are welcome to try our XMS memory, but I would not suggest using them with any MB that will not let you set the memory voltage.

And I would suggest using the module or modules tested by Tyan. CM72SD1024-3200 or CM72SD512-3200.

Thank you at least for that info.

fwiw, I have been running that mem in various nf2 boards above, at times, 200mhz @ 2.6v (by bios) and only slightly relaxed timings with no stability issues.

Normally @200 11-2-2-2 (or 5-2-2-2, but 11 produces best and most consistent benches with this chipset for whatever reason)

I should have the new setup later this month. Will thouroughly test for stability issues, assuming it runs.

• Corsair Employees
No problem, but as a rule I would not suggest modules on a MB that will not meet the minimum settings of the modules. They may work just fine but if they don’t there is little we can do about it. I Hope you understand my position!

• Corsair Employees

As long as that set works at those settings it should be fine, but like I said I would not suggest our XL modules unless you can set the memory voltage to 2.75 Volts minimum.

But you can try and manually relax the timings to see if its stable if you have a problem.

Deny that my email hasn't been distributed. EDIT: (my email address that is)

Was it sold?

What in the HELL are you talking about? If you are attempting to say that you think that your email address that you registered to this forum with was sold, you are wrong. Only a handful of people have access to that info, and they all have jobs that pay more than min wage, so they don't need to sell your info for money. That and they all have morals. Now considering who your email provider is, I'm not surprised you're getting spam.

Did the company sell my email address is the question.

I have only thanks for the Ram Guys for having patience and answering the appropriate questions.

My provider, yes, that is an issue for me. As far as the spam goes, I hope it is only a coincidence. I went for years with next to/no spam whatsoever because I was very careful with my address. Since being fool enough to give it to a different company some time back I have had some. Now there is a flood, hence my question.

Partly out of respect for the employees I said I will post the results of my trying it on the board in question, assuming it works and I think it will, it is very good ram and should be recognized for that.

Very good to hear,thank you.

One thing perhaps you could help me with, although it is not strictly a question for this site.

The manual I'm reading shows voltages not clear to me.

CPU/CHIPSET/DRAM Voltage Regulator

This option controls how much voltage is supplied to your processor/chipset/dram with a maximum allowable voltage of 37.5mV

Default/-12.5mV through to /+37.5mV

Not quite sure what this means, I would geuss that 37.5mV, equates to .0375V, would be a value to bump from default, which still doesn't make much sense.

Can you advise me on this?

Archived