Corsair Community

Bad XMS3200???

Hello,

I think both sticks has failed on my xms 3200, I tried using memtest on both but it failed, is this possible. I installed a non-Corsair brand and it worked, I only had the modules for about 3 months and my PC just crashed, I tried reformating but and it would not let me something happen to the memory since I change pretty much of everything except for the 2 modules on my board.How do I return it for warranty? I tried calling and one of the tech guys was a little bummed, I don't know but he said he couldn't help me?and it finally pointed to the RAM after replacing all parts. I need to return these to you guys since I only had it for about 3 months.Help!!:(:

Hi,

I have an ASUS P4C800 DX and Pentium 4 3.0GHz 800Mhz, I bought these about 3 months ago at Newegg.com I did the memtest for single slots at a time but somehow it failed. I tried a non-Corsair module and it worked fine. I switched it(XMS 3200) it around on a different motherboard a P4P800 DLX but I get the same problem everytime. I even changed the CPU, Hardrive, but it always leads me to the RAM as the suspect. Is there any way I could send these out for a warranty replacement.Thanks

Ok, this is what's happening when I try both modules one at a time of course, it says NTLDR missing, it keeps doing this on both stick, but if I try a Kingston Hyperx it freaking boots perfect on 2 sticks.I've tried pretty much on this thing but eventually I may have to return it for warranty.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Hi,

I tried loading the modules according to the settings that you had on the BIOS, but the thing just keeps hanging and would not boot on both or by themselves, I tried to use it on another board an ASUS P4P800DX and I get the same results, but if I put my non-Corsair memory module then it would work. I could not really figure out what's bugging it, it might be some sort of boot sector virus that the modules load for some reason, cause ever since I took em' out I was able to reformat my drive and install Windows. How do I get an RMA?

Archived