Corsair Community

ASUS P5ND2-SLI intel 775?

Speedo

Hi, I just ordered 2gigs of TWIN2X2048-6400PRO for my Mobo and I was wondering if I made a mistake? I am using a P4 930-D and the Corsair memory compatibilty showed this on a list I could use for my board. After reading some threads on the same board having issues with Corsair ram I am scared i messed up by ordering it. Any suggestions or comforting feedback would be nice to ease my worries. I have no doubts about Corsairs performances because I use it in my other System which is a AMD64 3800 on a MSI board thats never had any real problems. $278.00 is alot to lose if i screwed up..

Well maybe more memory that that MB can support, but I would set the memory frequenct 533 MHz and over clock your CPU to get the best performance.

Should I send it back to Newegg.com and try for some different ram? It has not arrived yet maybe I am better off with ram thats made for my mobo. The thing is I emailed ASUS on what ram I could use and they told me I would have to contact ram designers such as Corsair, O C z, ect. to determin what ram I could use that was tested on my board.

The only reason I got that ram was that your website said it could run it with that board, but clocking the ram down to 533mhz would be a waste for me money wise since I purchased it for 800mhz. If this board won't handle the 800 mhz I need to know now so I can return this and either go with some cheaper 533mhz ram or 667mhz ram thats been rated for my board.

• Corsair Employees

This MB will officially only support up to DDR2-667 Memory!

Dual channel memory architecture

4 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support max. 8GB DDR2 667/533 non-ECC memory

Support NVIDIA DASP 3.0 (dynamic adaptive speculative preprocessor) and QuickSync features

These modules will run in that MB but you will have to over clock your system to run the memory at its rated speed.

Ok maybe I understand your answer abit =) So please forgive me if I don't quite understand some. I think what your telling me is in order to obtain that 800mhz I would have to Over clock my processor and low my ram from 800mhz to 533mhz to achieve that. The AsusP5ND2-SLI board listed these 2 as ram capabilities either 533mhz or 667mhz , so maybe either I misunderstood your compatability chart that listed the ram I got for my board and that it can be used only through Ocing. If thats true I really was not anticipating on doing any Ocing other then setting ram timings in ram voltage although I was able to achieve 3.6ghz on my processor and run stable I just fear that it will wear my product out faster.

I have a 600watt power supply and enough air ventalation I have to =) i'm running 2 BFG geforce 7800gtx's. RAM-GUY i'm sure you know ram really well, so my question is should I return this ram and try some lower frequency ram or take the risk and see if I can make this work. NEWEGG.COM told me I have 30 days to return the ram if its not able to run right.

I hate rushing but I work off my PC and really can't afford to have down time trying to make ram work on my PC =( otherwise I would love to tinker around for fun ;)

Archived